Friday, November 20, 2015

Lip Review featuring Kat Von D


Deluxe Sample Size KVD Lolita

I am a bit behind on these, but since no one is reading them it really doesn't matter. Today I am talking about KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the cult favorite color, Lolita. I've heard stories that there have been a few different color batches of this and I don't know which version this is, but it is a deluxe sample size that I got from a Sephora Favorites collection. This was the first KVD ELL that I tried and I definitely fell in love with it, just like most people seem to do.
 
This has a doe foot applicator, it is really easy to work with if you pay attention, it glides on smoothly and feels creamy in application, is about 90% opaque on the first swipe, gives enough leeway(sp?) on the dry time to fix any mistakes, and drys down totally matte. With a second swipe, this is 100% opaque, no freckles showing through at all. This has a slight caramely butterscotchy scent to it, similar to the Colour Pop Lippie Stix, but not quite as strong. The scent fades pretty quickly once it has dried on your lips. This has a very matte finish, which means it is going to be slightly drying, but I think of all the matte liquid lipsticks I have tried, this is the least drying to me. Actually that is not entirely true, Ofra's are probably less drying, but those are a bit more uncomfortable for other reasons that I will get in to on a separate post. You do want to let this dry before doing anything with your lips or it will smudge around, but that is pretty self explanatory. If you overapply, using too many layers, or layering too often throughout the day, it will get thick and start to bunch up a bit around the inner line of your mouth. I have a tendency to do this sometimes because I just like the feel of reapplying lip products even when it is not necessary. But if you're more sensible than I, it shouldn't be a problem.

The color of this is described as a dusty rose on the Sephora page, but it really isn't. Or at least not the batch I have. This is more of a rose tinted brown color, but more on the brown side. I think this color would be flattering on anyone, which is probably why it is such a cult favorite.




As I said above, this is 100%, no freckles showing, opaque, with two swipes. This will fade some throughout the day and you will lose a little bit of opacity but not much.

This stuff really is Everlasting, it will last the whole day, provided you aren't eating anything extremely oily. Oil will take this off, but other than that it will last and last. Like I said, the opacity may fade some, but for people without lip freckles, I doubt it is even noticeable. I still like to reapply a bit after lunch but it is not strictly necessary. I just think it feels more comfortable and I like to re-up the color payoff.


Like most lip products in my experience, this does transfer on to your cup/whatever. But, like most of the better products, it does not take away from the look on your lips. It doesn't even look like it has been touched at all. It is pretty minimal transfer though. Maybe I should start adding pictures of how my water cup looks at the end of the work day so you can see the amount of transfer that has occurred in an 8 hour period.


Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 (covered) freckles
Full opacity, feels relatively comfortable/forgettable, lovely color, lasts all day


No comments:

Post a Comment