Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Lip Review featuring Urban Decay





Sorry about the spacing, I don't know why I can't get it look right.







Today I am wearing my sample of Urban Decay Matte Revolution in Bad Blood. I couldn't get a good pic on the lips, but I have a swatch below. The sample size is pretty nice, I must say. I have not purchased any of these, but honestly, I would when I run out of this one. From what I have seen of the other colors, this is probably my favorite. I'd really rather have something a little more neutral but I don't particularly care for the currently available options.



The color is a really rich true red, that can get darker with more buildup. I have a hard time judging whether things are blue toned, but I am pretty sure this is a blue toned red because this looks pretty good on me, and the orange toned reds do not usually work for me at all. This is definitely a bold color but it is pretty wearable at the same time. I think this color would look great on all skin tones, and it should really show up true to its color on anyone.


This goes on creamy and remains pretty creamy throughout the day. This never feels uncomfortable for me. It does dry down some, but not that much considering it is a matte. I have tried a lot of mattes and this is definitely one of the better options. There are not many matte lipsticks that remain creamy and still feel fine on your lips after hours of wear. This does not have any discernible scent as far as I can tell. This does transfer quite a bit, in that if you're drinking/eating something, you will have remnants on your coffee cup etc. However it does not transfer in such a way that your lips look patchy or partially removed. It still looks good on your lips the whole time, it's just bloody murder on your dishes or whatever. This lasts all day, but can benefit from a touch up after lunch. I should mention that if you are not careful, you can get that weird lipstick chin thing that happens when you eat with lipstick on. If you just blot a little before eating, this shouldn't be a problem.


This is very opaque right from the first swipe. It does not get more opaque with extra layers, however the color does darken some with more layers. With the first layer, it covers up my freckles pretty well, but I can still see them very faintly no matter how many coats I do. I really wish I could get a good lip picture but it just isn't coming out where you can see what I mean. It honestly is a very opaque lipstick, but I am still able to see just a hint of freckle.


This is a little high maintenance, but not overly so. You do have to be careful when first putting it on because it can definitely stray (also watch out for lipstick chin). I really never wear lip liners though so if you do, you may not have trouble with that. I am definitely willing to put in a little extra effort for a really great lipstick, especially for a matte that is actually comfortable to wear. I can see where some people would not want to deal with that, and that is fine, this just might not be for everyone. I will say though that there are a lot more high maintenance lipsticks out there and this one really isn't that bad.


You can get the full size version of this on their website, at Sephora, Ulta, and whatever other random places carry Urban Decay. I would suggest getting this at Sephora if you want points, or Ulta if you want points that will actually work toward saving you money in the future.


Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 (covered) freckles.
One star off for the faint freckle, and being slightly high maintenance.



No comments:

Post a Comment