Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Lip Review featuring Revlon


Today's Lip Review is for the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade Sultry. 

These look really similar to Clinique chubby sticks, but I have never used those so I can't compare. Revlon also has Colorburst Balm Stains that are really nice and have similar packaging as well. This is pretty close to their Balm Stains because this does leave a stain on the lips the same way those do, but this has a matte finish whereas the Balm Stains are more on the glossy side. These twist up and do not have a sharpener.


The color on this one, Sultry, is a really beautiful deep dusty rose color. It's a little bit of a 'My Lips But Better (MLBB)' color for me, but this is definitely richer. This is a great somewhat neutral color that is probably great for light to medium skintones, but I would guess that it might be washed out some on deeper skin tones. However I don't know for sure, so if anyone ever reads this and wants to share their opinion,  go ahead!

I'm sorry the lip pics never really capture what I want.
This only gets to mid-level opacity on me, but I don't mind that too much. I usually do two swipes, but it doesn't really get much more opaque the more I add. I am still able to see freckles, but they are definitely muted and not that noticeable. However, this is less opaque than the other lip products I have reviewed so far.

This goes on smoothly for me, and doesn't seem to settle in to any lines. This feels very comfortable for a matte, and it lasts a good amount of time. This does not last the entire day, however it does leave a bit of a stain on the lips. So even though most of the balm texture leaves your lips, you are left with a nice color. This feels pretty good initially because of that balm texture, but I should say that it does go away after awhile. This dries down some and can feel slightly drying on the lips but it is not too bad, and that is usually after wearing it for awhile. Because of the eventual dry feeling, I usually like to reapply periodically throughout the day. This is not to reapply color so much as just to add more of that balm feeling to take away from the dryness. Also. this DOES have a scent to it. It actually has a fairly strong minty scent and flavor on the lips. It leans toward peppermint but I can't quite place the mint exactly. It is kind of nice if you're the mood for something to refresh you and wake you up, but if you don't like scent, you should be aware of that. I can take it or leave it personally, sometimes I am in the mood for the mint sometimes not so much.



Edit: I forgot to mention! This does transfer to coffee cup/whatever. For the most part your lips still look fine, they don't start to look patchy or anything, but you do lose some pigment on the lip.


If anyone ever reads these and has questions, feel free to ask.



You can find this pretty much anywhere you get drugstore type products, I think it was around $7. If you're interested, I would get it somewhere like CVS or Ulta so you can earn points and things (if you're signed up for their respective programs, and you should be!).


Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 (covered) freckles.
Two stars off for opacity (which again I don't mind that much because I don't always need that from my products, but since this is meant to be geared toward finding really opaque lip colors, I have to take off for it), slightly drying, doesn't last all day (although it does leave a bit of a stain), and possibly for the mint flavoring (which is a con depending on my mood at the moment). This is still a great lip product particularly for a matte, but I'm trying to be balanced, they can't all be worth 4 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment