Monday, November 9, 2015

Lip Review featuring Colour Pop



Ok, so today I happen to be wearing one from Colour Pop, so that is what we are starting with.




This is the color Baewatch from the new Colour Pop fall collection. Their new fall collection is 90's themed, so, YES. This is a matte finish, mauve-y color with a slight purple undertone. Like all of their Lippie Stix, it has a little bit of a rich caramel-y scent to it, but it is not overwhelming or lasting. This goes on fairly smoothly, and feels creamy when you first put it on. If it has dried out in the tube, it can drag a little on the lips, but if you're careful when you put the cap back on, and if you swipe away the 'pilling' issue, then it shouldn't be a problem. This does dry down more and is less creamy feeling throughout the day, but that is because it is matte and it lasts for a very long time. It is never uncomfortable.

Opacity after two coats.
This takes some buildup to get to full opacity, but for people without freckles on their lips, I would say that one coat is the perfect amount. On me, one coat almost gets me there, but I need two coats to fully cover the freckles. Which is not bad at all compared to a lot of other lip products I have tried.





Attempt to show how it 'pills up' but it is hard to get a good pic.
This Lippie Stix, as well as all of the others I have tried from them, starts to get kind of ragged the more you use it. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but it's sort of like it pills up or something. It doesn't do it a LOT, and it is easy to fix, I just swatch it on my hand before using to smooth it out again, but I figured I should mention it. If I am really in a hurry in the morning, this can sometimes prevent me from reaching for a Lippie Stix, but ultimately it is not a big deal.









When initially applying this to the lips, there is some wiggle room to build up layers and smoosh things around on the lip etc, but once it dries down, you don't want to apply more coats or anything. The more you apply on top of the dried product, the worse it wears. It starts to collect in cracks and lays weird on top of the previously layer and anyway it's just horrible. You can reapply if you feel you need to, but you just have to be careful with it. It lasts fairly well through eating and drinking, it does transfer some but your lips still look fine. I usually reapply a little bit after lunch just to fill in where it faded, but it doesn't require much and I don't need to touch up throughout the rest of the day.


Also, did I mention? Colour Pop Lippie Stix come in a ton of colors, several finishes, and are only $5!


Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 (covered) Freckles.
One star off for needing to build opacity, and for the 'pilling'.






No comments:

Post a Comment